- To promote diversity and inclusion within APS
- To promote diversity and inclusion in academic pediatrics
Committee Members & Terms:
- The Committee on Diversity and Inclusion consists of nine members, including the Chair. All committee members are APS members who serve a three-year term that can be renewed once.
- All members of the committee must be APS members. Committee members must agree to serve a three-year term; a committee member’s term may be renewed once.
- All Task Force members were invited to serve on the original committee. To complete the committee roster we solicit self-nominations from APS members. The APS Nominating Committee reviews the list of nominees and makes a recommendation to the APS Council. The APS Council makes the final decision.
- Committee members are randomly assigned to staggered terms. One group (two people) is appointed to a one-year term that may be renewed once. A second group (two people) is appointed to a two-year term that may be renewed once. The third group (two people) is appointed to a three-year term that may be renewed once. After three years, there are two-three new members each year, with sufficient institutional memory to assure continuity on the committee.
- The APS President and Secretary/Treasurer must be ex officio committee members during their tenure in these roles.
- The APS President and Secretary/Treasurer recommend a candidate for Committee Chair to the APS Council. The Chair serves a three-year term that may be renewed once.
Elena Fuentes-Afflick, MD, MPH
Tamera Coyne-Beasley, MD, MPH
Glenn Flores, MD
Gary Freed, MD, MPH
Christine A. Gleason, MD, (ex officio)
James Jarvis, MD
F. Bruder Stapleton, MD
Joseph L. Wright, MD, MPH