*former Leadership in Academic Pediatrics Committee
- Provide career support to enable academic pediatric leaders to maximize their professional aspirations.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reviewing leadership sessions organized at the Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) annual meeting and identifying those that would be beneficial for APS members seeking to learn more about issues in academic medicine, administrative practice and national initiatives and perspectives that influence clinical care, education, and research in children’s health. These sessions will be designated in the PAS Program Guide as “APS Recommended Leadership Development Sessions.”
- Responsible for developing themes arising from the ‘career support’ theme within the current APS Strategic Plan. Specifically, to develop programs aimed at supporting career transitions by APS members and coaching of and by APS members focused on career development.
Committee Members & Terms
- Committee Members are active APS members who are appointed to a three-year term which may be renewed once, for a maximum term of six years.
- Committee membership must include at least one Council Member. Chairs can be any member of the committee.
- Membership is solicited from APS membership and include individuals who have either:
- An interest in or formal training in leadership/coaching, and/or
- Experience in a leadership position, i.e. Chair/Dean/Institute Director.
Catherine M. Gordon, MD, MSc (Term: 2020-2023)
Norman D. Rosenblum, MD (Term: 2015-2018, 2018-2021)
Candice Fike, MD (2018-2021)
Aaron Friedman, MD (Term: 2017-2020, 2020-2023)
Maryellen Gusic, MD (Term: 2017-2020, 2020-2023)
Jonathan Klein, MD, MPH. (Term: 2017-2020, 2020-2023)
Elaine Schulte, MD, MPH (Term: 2020-2023)