- Ensure that APS has a strong identity at the PAS meeting by sponsoring state-of-the-art invited science presentations, academic leadership development activities, networking and exchange of ideas among current and future APS members.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Establish an “APS Day” within the PAS meeting that features robust, high quality, well-attended scientific programming led by and identified with PAS.
- Call to members to serve
- Committee members must be APS members.
- Members are reviewed and selected by committee members.
- Council makes recommendations for Invited Science presenters for PAS Meeting.
- Three (3) committee members (at-large) assist Council in making the selections.
- Current President and President-elect are committee members during their tenure in these roles.
- Chair is current APS Secretary/Treasurer, with a 5-year term concurrent with APS Council term.
- Members serve a 3-Year term.
- Members can serve a maximum of 1 consecutive term.
- Terms are staggered to ensure institution memory.
- Duration of meeting is approximately one (1) hour.
- Meetings are conducted at the summer and winter PAS program committee meetings.
- Quorum is not necessary.
Catherine Gordon (Term: 2023-2028)
Michael DeBaun, MD (APS President) (Term: 2023-2024)
Clifford Bogue (APS President-elect) (Term: 2023-2024)
David Cornfield, MD (Term: 2018-2021, 2021-2024)
Lisa Nigrovic, MD (Term: 2021-2024)
Jennifer Read, MD (Term: 2019-2022, 20220-2025)