- To review the Howland Award nominations received and prepare a slate of 3 finalists.
- To review the Officer and Council Member nominations received and prepare a slate of candidates.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reviewing the Howland Award nominations received and preparing a slate of three finalists to be brought before APS Council for consideration at the APS Fall Council Meeting.
- Responsible for reviewing the Officer and Council Member nominations received, and to prepare a slate of candidates for the APS election to be brought before APS Council for consideration at the APS Fall Council Meeting.
- Comprised of 2-4 at-large APS members, recommended by the (outgoing) APS President and ratified by the APS Council. Immediate Past President serves as Committee Chair.
- Committee has at least 2 members-at-large from the Society.
- Current members of the APS Council, except the Committee Chair, are ineligible.
- No contact is to be made with individuals on the list until approved by Council.
- Before the Annual Meeting, individuals are contacted by APS President and notified about their candidacy.
- Upon accepting the nomination, APS President announces the names of the Nominating Committee at the PAS Spring Council Meeting
- Term is for 1 year.
- Terms are for 1 year.
- As needed.
Mary Leonard MD (APS Past President) (Term: 2022-2023)
Sherin Devaskar, MD (Term: 2022-2023)
Fernando Mendoza, MD (Term: 2022-2023)
Richard Whitley, MD (Term: 2022-2023)