Established: February 2012
- The Committee priorities are the creation of the membership database and planning for a plenary symposium or workshop for the PAS Meeting. The Committee Chair submits a written or oral update to APS Council at the Spring meeting and additional updates as needed.
- To promote diversity, inclusion and equity within APS.
- To promote diversity, inclusion and equity in academic pediatrics.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Creation of membership database.
- Planning for a plenary symposium or workshop at the PAS Meeting.
- Call to members to serve.
- Committee members must be APS members.
- Members are reviewed and selected by committee members.
- Council Liaison to serve during their tenure as a Councilor.
- APS President and Secretary/Treasurer are ex officio committee members during their tenure in these roles.
- Co-chair terms are staggered.
- Chairs appointed by Council, upon APS President and Secretary/Treasurer’s recommendation.
- Chairs serve a 3-year term.
- Chairs can serve a maximum of 1 consecutive term.
- Members serve a 3-year term.
- Members can serve a maximum of 1 consecutive term.
- Duration of meeting is up to one hour.
- Meetings are held every 1-2 months.
- Quorum is not necessary.
Joseph L. Wright, MD, MPH (Term: Co-Chair 2020-2023)
Tamera Coyne-Beasley, MD, MPH (Term: Member 2017–2020, 2020–2021, Co-Chair 2021-2024)
Clifford Bogue, MD (Term: 2019–2024) ex officio
Lisa Robinson, MD (Term 2022-2023) ex officio
Gary Freed, MD, MPH (Term: 2017–2020, 2020–2023)
Karen Hendricks-Munoz, MD, MPH (Term: 2018–2021, 2021-2024)
James Jarvis, MD (Term: 2017–2020, 2020–2023)
Madeline Joseph, MD (Term: 2022-2025)
Yvonne Maldonado, MD (Term: 2019–2022, 2022-2025)
Jean Raphael, MD, MPH (Term: 2019–2022, 2022-2025)
David Schnadower, MD, MPH (Term: 2021-2024)
Brian Sims, MD, PhD (Term: 2021-2024)
Marietta Vazquez (Term: 2022-2025)