DEADLINE: August 1
This award was established to honor the career of David G. Nichols, MD, MBA, former President and CEO, American Board of Pediatrics.
This award recognizes a pediatrician who has demonstrated excellence in advancing child and adolescent health, well-being, and equity through quality improvement, advocacy, practice, or research.
VIDEO: View the inaugural 2022 David G. Nichols Health Equity Award Recipient, Dr. David G. Nichols’ presentation:
Sunrise Over Baltimore: A Personal Journey Toward Equity
- Nominee must be a pediatrician who has demonstrated excellence in advancing child and adolescent health, well-being, and equity through quality improvement, advocacy, practice, or research.
- Evidence of major contributions that effectively address the gaps in medical care and health outcomes for children regardless of race, ethnicity, and national origin.
- Efforts should demonstrate engagement with families.
- National measurable impact.
- Scalable but expeditious work.
- APS membership is not required to be a nominee.
- Full nomination packet to be provided at time of nomination to include, nominee CV, one nomination letter from an Active APS member in good standing and three letters of support (APS member or non-member authors will be accepted). Submitted materials should speak directly to the eligibility and review criteria.
- Nominator must be an Active APS member in good standing.